This CV focuses on practice - please click on 'writing' to see my written publications and writing about my work.
My practice works across screendance, digital practice, and sited dance performance and is exhibited in galleries and festivals. I focus on working directly with the public, finding ways to intensify and articulate people’s experiences in ways that can be understood by others. My work was nominated for the International Video Dance awards in Barcelona and selected as a flagship example of socially engaged practice for an AHRC-funded project curated by Creative Works, London. I work part-time as Course leader for MA Performance: Society at Central St Martins.
- 2023-2025 · The Choreography of Consent: dance/law experiments
- AHRC research network by Anna Macdonald, PI and Marie Jacob CO-I, focused on the movement of consent
- 2023-24 · Practitioner in Residence at Institute of Advanced Legal Studies, School of Advanced Studies, UoL.
- Dance-based exploration to provoke new thinking about the potential connections between ideological, material and affective organisations of legal knowledge within the IALS library.
- Visit Site
- 2022 · Digital witnessing
- Extending screen dance practice into digital new media work supported by a 2021 Arts Council DYCP grant
- 2021 · Ways of doing things
- Dance and moving image project, led by Wellcome Sanger and funded by Wellcome trust, which provokes thought about issues of consent and donation in art and science.
- Visit Site
- 2021 · The Odd Project
- Consultant dance researcher for the ‘Odd project’ - a three-year AHRC funded, interdisciplinary project (PI Prof. Rachel Holmes), exploring creative, intersectional approaches to the way ‘oddness’ or ‘difference’ is experienced within school contexts.
- Visit Site
- 2020 · Circling (again)
- ILAS visiting fellowship exhibition at ArtsKeele Gallery, Keele University
- Visit Site
Individual works and screenings/exhibitions
- Collected ways of doing things (2022-ongoing) - online interactive database
- Alpen (moving image 2020: 4m 25) Film Geographies, American Association Geographers. April 2021
- I made everything (2020) Queens Hall Digital, Northumberland, and Axis Arts Centre, Crewe.
- Reasonable Adjustments (Moving image 2020: 5m 10) Lightmoves International Festival of Screendance, Ireland, Kinesthesia Moving image festival, London, Movimiento Movimiento, Mexico July 2020 (permanent collection)
- Progression (walking) Progression (freestyle) (Moving image 2018: 22:43) Lightmoves International Festival of Screendance, Ireland, Regardes Hybrides, Montreal, Queens Hall Digital Arts, Devonshire digital collective Brighton, Athens Video Dance Project, Greece.
- After Mrs Mills (Moving image 2016: 3m 39): Riff Festival, Norway, Movimiento Movimiento, Mexico, MOMus Metropolitan organisation of museums of visual arts of Thessaloniki, Athens Video Dance Project, Festival Ciné-Corps, Paris, Regards Hybrides, International screendance forum, Montreal, Filmedup, Home, Manchester, AWOL studios, Manchester.
- Walk (Moving image 2016: 1m 57): Agite y Sirva, (touring South America), 8MANA’s 63Hz Eiger studio, Leeds, Lightmoves Festival, Ireland, Manchester, Utopia Series, Somerset House, London, International Screendance festival, Burgundy, France, Muestro Moviemento, Mexico.
- Falling for everything (Moving image 2014: 5m 15): Pause exhibition, House Gallery, London Vanishing entities exhibition (London science Festival), LimeWharf cultural innovation hub, London,
- I will not hope (Moving image 2013: 5m 26): Kinonus Festival, Tinos, New Immortals exhibition, Phoenix Arts Gallery, Brighton, Hope exhibition, Sticks Gallery, Fareham, Artist’s Film Festival, Sidney-Cooper Gallery, Kent, 8th Audiovisual Festival, Ionian institute, Corfu, Lightmoves Screendance festival, Ireland, Miden International Video art Festival, Greece
- Car conversations (2013): Arts Depot, London, London Road Festival, Stoke, Z-Arts, Manchester, Up the Walls, Chester
- Things that start slowly (Moving image 2010: 9m 36): Raw, Roar, Rare, Moving image, Bluecoat Gallery, Liverpool, Danscamdans, International Videodance Festival, Belgium, Videodanza, International Videodance Festival, Argentina, Moves11 International Videodance Festival, Bluecoat Gallery, Liverpool, Timepieces exhibition, Peter Scott Gallery, Lancaster